Event Organizer Questions
How do I search for Speakers?
Then you can narrow your search for speakers on our Advanced Search. page.
From your search, you can create shortlist of speakers you are interested in for events.
When you are ready you can send individuals or a shortlist of speakers a booking request.
Will I be charged?
To book a speaker through a secure payment platform and access the Event Feedback Report tool, SpeaknSpark charges a flat 5% service fee at booking (service fee minimum of $300 to access the Event Feedback Report tool). This is significantly lower than the market standard 30-50% that does not include a customized event feedback report.
We have an amazing base of award-winning, highly engaging, dynamic, and inspiring professionals at all budget levels.
Our goal is to increase access, build connections, and encourage collaboration. Shaking up the traditional limitations for speaker selection, SpeaknSpark supports innovation, increased representation of diverse perspectives, and enhanced inclusion.
What If I don’t have a budget to pay for a Speaker?
Are you a speaking agent?
Why is SpeaknSpark better than using my speakers bureau?
I’ve submitted a Booking Request but I need to edit some of the details- how can I make the edits?
How to edit
- Log In
- Go to the “Booking Request” section of the "My Account" Menu
- Click on your event name
- Select the “edit” button on the right side
- Update details as necessary and click- submit.
Note: If you want to add Speakers, you need to add them to the previously selected Shortlist first before completing the process above.
Where can I access my Event Report?
Locate the event as listed chronologically and click the “Request Event Report Button.”
As an Event Leader you will need to be proactive about outreaching to your audience for audience reviews. Consult your confirmation emails for suggestions for encouraging audience reviews. Event Reports are only available post event, with sufficient reviews, and when the minimum service fee is met.
If I send a Booking Request to multiple speakers can I only choose one?
Can I send one Booking request for an event with multiple sessions and topics?
Speaker Sign Up
What is SpeaknSpark?
Centralizing one resource to source expertise supports cross-discipline collaboration, catalyzes public engagement, fosters diversity and innovation and overall enhances the field. We support and benefit professionals with knowledge to share, Event Leaders, and communities. Unlike traditional speakers bureaus, there are no listing and no account fees- we've removed all barriers to entry in order to grow the platform into a robust resource that encourages and fosters learning.SpeaknSpark is currently focused on all topics related to resilience an incredibly diverse topic that includes leadership, communications, preparedness, emergency management, covid, business continuity, mental health, public safety, and risk. You can view all topics on our advanced search.
SpeaknSpark as a resource
- Speakers and Experts: create a profile that highlights their best practices, innovation, case studies, and knowledge.
- Event Leaders search by event criteria of topic, location, budget, and language to get direct access to background information, speaker media, and audience reviews to make the best speaker selection.
- Communities: SpeaknSpark creates an accessible catalog of expertise, strengths relationship building, opens communication, and builds resilience.
Do I need to be a professional paid Speaker?
My topic isn't directly resilience-related, should I still join as a Speaker?
- Psychology: PTSD awareness and techniques, long term effects of traumatic events, and best practices for creating a safe space to heal as a community
- Law: regulatory compliance, early warning, financing, community empowerment, and accountability
- Business: business resiliency, emergency mass notification software, workplace violence, continuity, crisis leadership
- First Responder: CERT, First Aid, active shooter training, preparedness, Behavioral Health Program, situational awareness
- Health & Public Health: COVID-19 response, hospital emergency planning, teamwork, complex systems
- Community Organization: Vulnerable populations, climate resiliency, diversity and inclusion, volunteer management
- Utility: Response plan, Public Power Mutual Aid Network
- Science: Climate Adaptation, GIS, Volcanology
I don’t charge a Speaker fee because it's part of my job. Why should I join?
If outreach is your goal, SpeaknSpark is a powerful tool for you and your organization to reach broader audiences. SpeaknSpark elevates the disaster, risk, and resilience fields with access, awareness, and networking. Be part of the group of leaders building this powerful and innovative resource. The larger the platform grows, the more robust a resource it will become for the Emergency Management field.
I am pretty busy and don't want to speak all the time. Should I still create a profile?
I love this idea but how does the financial part work? Is this going to cost me?
There are no fees associated with creating an account, creating a profile, receiving booking requests, and replying. When you are booked for an event, SpeaknSpark follows the standard service fee model for marketplaces. SpeaknSpark charges a 12% service fee.
Traditional Speakers Bureaus charge usually 30-50% of a Speaker’s event rate. The SpeaknSpark service fee includes access to the payment platform and a customized speaker feedback report( must meet the minimum service fee). The Event Feedback Report is a collection tool that compares audience feedback broken down by demographics of age, gender, industry, and seniority. Example)
The earlier a speaker joins SpeaknSpark and the more often a Speaker is booked, the higher their profile ranks in search results.
I am currently a Consultant, Trainer, and/or professional Speaker. Why should I join?
- New connections for Experts, Speakers, and Trainers to Event Leaders and events
- Increased access and cooperation across disaster, risk, and resilence disciplines
- A centralized location of expertise that is publicly accessible
- Enhanced feedback tool to support insight and growth for Speakers and events
- Increased professional exposure for Speakers
- Fostering diversity and inclusion
- Expanded training to broader audience base
- Kickstarting sharing innovations and unheard ideas
How do I become a verified Speaker or a SpeaknSpark Speaker?
- Your profile has a minimum of 10 audience reviews with an average review higher than 3.5 stars
- You have successfully referred 3 Speakers
- You have been booked for 3 events
- You have participated in the SpeaknSpark community through comments, response, or engagement
SpeaknSpark Speakers are selected on a case-by-case basis. SpeaknSpark speakers are game-changers that are influencing the field. They are ambassadors, share, and demonstrate the mission to foster better learning.
What types of Speakers can I find on SpeaknSpark?
- SpeaknSprk is currently focused on all topics related to resilience (leadership, communications, preparedness, covid, business continuity, mental health, public safety, and risk). The most common professionals and experts are:
Homeland Security, FEMA, CDC, Military, Floodplain Managers, Geographer, Geologic Service, County Government (Emergency Managers, PIO), Hazardous Material Mgmt, Risk Assessment, Business Continuity, Disaster Survivors, Emergency Preparedness for Hospitals, Universities, Utilities, Fire, Law Enforcement, Public Health, Nonprofit, ER Physicians, EMT, and Business as well as Disaster Survivors.
- You can search for experts by topic, budget, location, language, and audience reviews
How can I create an account?
How is SpeaknSpark different from a traditional speakers bureau?
IMPORTANT: SpeaknSpark is structured to empower all Experts to share their knowledge and every event organizer to directly access expertise. SpeaknSpark charges no listing fees and no search fees. Speakers manage their schedule and fees without any exclusivity clauses or minimums. Structuring SpeaknSpark, we've purposefully removed all barriers encouraging Experts to join and amplify their field. . .
How can I search and browse SpeaknSpark Speaker listings?
How do I change my password or update my account information?
Forgot your password- Sign In and select the “Forgot your password” link and follow the prompts. To update your Speaker Profile, Sign In, find the top "My Account' menu, select "Speaker Profile", and click on the Setting button to the right of your profile name to choose edit.
What is the cancellation and refund policy?
I have a question- who can I contact at SpeaknSpark?
Do you have an app?
Can I sign up as a Speaker or Audience Member and still book a Speaker?
What is an Event Report? What is an Event Report vs Speaker Report?
The Speaker Report is specifically designed for speakers. Similar to the Event Report’s analysis but the Speaker Report is narrowed to reviews related to the Speaker. This report analyzes reviews by demographics of age, gender, industry, experience, and education.
Both reports are an enhanced feedback tool designed to foster growth and success for Event Leaders and Speakers.
Speaker Profile Listings
Can I save my Speaker profile without submitting it?
What is the difference between the Short Summary and the Highlights sections of the Speaker Profile?
Short Summary: a narrative of your total experience as a speaker. The short summary should give a condensed clear understanding of your expertise, experience, skills, and history relevant to your speaking. The short summary is a key component of your speaker profile for an Event Leader to get a good understanding of you as a Speaker.
Highlights: a quicker version of your short summary that is meant to show, well, highlights. The highlights section shows up on the search results page and is a core aspect of the first impression of viewers.
What should I choose for my cancellation policy?
How important are high-quality photos?
How do I make a stronger Speaker Profile?
What if I do not have Paypal?
Speaker, Expert, Trainer, and Consultant Questions
What is the SpeaknSpark service fee?
- Creating an account, submitting a profile, receiving event requests, and replying are always free.
- SpeaknSpark follows the standard service fee model for bookings. Traditional Speaking Bureaus charge 30-50% of a speakers event rate. SpeaknSpark charges speakers 7%. The booking service fee is the only cost for utilizing all the features of the site. The service fee includes access to the payment platform and customized Event Report. The more often a Speaker is booked, the higher their profile ranks in search results. - If you do not have a speaker fee, there is no cost other than an optional flat rate to access your event report. Keep empowering communities with knowledge!
What happens after I receive an Event Request?
- You will receive a Booking Request when an Event Leader selects you as a potential Speaker for an event. The event request includes detailed information about the event date, event location, presentation length, audience size, audience type, event goals, delivery type, event budget, visual aids, level of engagement, press, and any other Speaker expectations. The Speaker reviews all these important details and has full autonomy to decide interest and event specific fee. Speakers reply to the booking request by clicking the email link and/or signing in to their account. If not automatically directed to the Booking Requests page, locate the upper right "My Account' menu, select the "Booking Requests" page, find the listed event, and click the appropriate accept or decline reply button with the option to write a note. If the Speaker needs more information or a clarifying question, there is the option to message the Event Leader prior to replying to he request.
- The Event Leader receives all the selected Speaker responses and based off their criteria, they make a Speaker selection. Speakers who responded with an accept are notified of final Event Leader selection
How do I contact the Event Leader before, during, and after a booking?
- Speakers can message Event Leaders at their convenience. After a Speaker receives a Booking Request, they message the Event Leader questions or comments through the site's messaging system. After a Speaker is booked, the Speaker receives a confirmation email with the Event Leaders contact email and phone number. Speakers can contact Event Leaders as needed prior to the event.
How much should I charge for a speakers fee?
- Speakers list a speaker fee range on their Speaker Profile page as part of profile creation. When you receive an event request, it will include details such as presentation length, audience size, audience type, event goals, delivery type, budget, visual aids, engagement, press, and any other expectations. Taking those details and your time (prep, travel, event) into account, you will respond to each event request with your event specific fee. Keep in mind the Event Leader may be sending the event request to a list of speakers. Speakers fees really vary so widely by person, experience, event, and motivations. This article is a good base: "How Much Should You Charge for a Speech?"
How can I list that my Speakers fee is flexible?
- Speaker set a minimum and maximum speaker fees as a range. The Speaker responds to each Booking Request with an event specific fee. If you are flexible and open to all kinda of opportunities, you can list that as part of your summary section.